Sunday, February 13, 2005

Dreams about Drains

Yet another snippet....

I'm going to have to pull out the big guns to get my dreamtime work jump-started I think. This is the third night in a row that I haven't remembered squat. Amazingly though, the snippet I recall has signficance.

All I remember from last night is a drain plug on a chain, being pulled out of the drain. If you read the dream from last post, a tub was overflowing because the drain was still in the tub when I was cleaning it? Anyway, I see this dream as a positive sign. At least I've pulled the drain on those backed up emotions and they can begin to release now and heal.

In general, whenever something "drains" in a dream, it either means something draining away that is needed such as energy, money, love, etc. or a letting go of emotional overload, in my case. It may mean something different for you. I always ask, on waking, which area of my life the dream is addressing. This helps tremendously because, once I got in the habit of doing that, an answer would almost always come immediately if I remembered to ask.

After determining the general area of the message, it was often easy to see if the draining away of something was a good thing or a negative that needed to be changed.

No comments: