Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Resolving Resistance to Dreamtime Work

A lot of people write to me, asking me what their dreams mean. I seldom take on that task, both because it is extremely time-consuming and because, ulitimately, it is not empowering. I used to do dreamtime interpretations and still do on occasion but the bulk of my work now is showing by example, so that others can learn the unique patterns of their own dreams and learn to interpret them without need of an outside source or guide.

Guides are terrific, don't get me wrong. I've used lots and lots of them and still do when I need to stimulate new growth in some area of my life. I use subliminal tapes, hypnosis tapes, binaural beats, and also the superior paraliminals offered by our guest article company, Learning Strategies. I discovered their paraliminal line many years ago and their excellent helped me change some very destructive patterns. They are among the best available today.

All I'm saying is that any guide or tool used too long becomes a crutch. A good teaching tool or stimulator should motivate. If you aren't motivated to do more of your own work after using it a while, in my book, it's not a great tool. In fact, the evidence of a truly exceptional selfhelp tape is that you need it less and less because the patterns you wish to change, you are changing.

OK, back to the subject, as I said many ask for my interpretation of their dream. What is better is to ask yourself and learn how to hear the answer. I hope you enjoy this brief article. See if you recognize any of your own excuses for not delving into dreamtime more fully below.

Benefits of Dreaming; Common Arguments
Guest Article from Learning Strategies

Musicians have learned how dreams can help when learning a new piano piece. When they dream about the piece, it becomes memorized. This frees the musician to concentrate on playing—not on the sheet music.

Others have composed speeches, sermons, articles, and papers in their dreams. When this happens to you, wake up and take notes!

"Yes, but I do not dream"
That simply is not true. You dream, but you do not remember your dreams.

"But, I need rest, I cannot be bothered by dreams."
Dreaming does not take away from a good nights sleep. In some cases, it actually enhances it. Besides, your body needs the rest, not your mind.

"But, I have so much going on in my life right now. I do want to live it in my dreams, too."
Then program your dreams to take fantasy trips, visit with people you want to spend more time with, try out different foods and desserts. There are many refreshing adventures waiting in your dreams.

"But, I do not remember my dreams."
People who listen to Dream Play begin remembering dreams right away. As you play with the CD, you will become better and better and programming, directing, and remember your dreams. (note from neva: those who work at remembering, with or without a tool to help them, will eventually start to remember their dreams. If you have trouble remembering, I do think Dream Play is one of the best tools out there to stimulate stronger dream recall.)


"How about some tips now?"
Before sleeping, drink a glass of water and say you will remember your dreams. Plus, whenever you wake during sleep, you first thought should be, "what was I just dreaming?" Lie still and remember the striking elements of the dream. Remain awake for several minutes. Freely think about what the dream could mean. This fixes the dream in memory and lets you tap into the larger meaning of the dream. You may want to jot notes on paper to help stimulate more recall.

It is best to wake up from a full sleep naturally without a disruptive alarm or radio. Reflect inwardly to allow dream feelings or images to surface. Lie quietly, minimize movement, and avoid distractions. Remain wrapped in the afterglow of the dream experience.

Dream Play is a fun CD that can have profound effects on your life. Hardly any customer ever returns this CD, so we know that if you get it today you will be enjoying its benefits some night very soon.

No comments: